Following the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai may God protect him, to promote Dubai as a pioneering global city and a vibrant regional gateway to the world, we developed Dubai 2020 Urban Master Plan in coordination with relevant governmental authorities and major developers.
The plan adopts a flexible, sustainable and competitive approach balancing between urban development and conservation of the environment with a flexible land use responding to the growth and development of Dubai at all levels.
Dubai 2020 Urban Master Plan is based on:
- Population growth and socio-demographic transformation policies
- Optimal utilization of infrastructure facilities
- Competitive economy and investment protection
- Promotion of efficient and environmentally friendly energy sources
- Improving the legislative and statutory framework that streamlines the urban planning process
The plan covers The Dubai Emirate territories and the sea territory within 12 nautical miles, urban areas and lands designated for major real estate projects, the desert territory and non-urban areas excluding Hatta.
You can obtain a copy of the Dubai Urban Master Plan 2020 from:
- Dubai Municipality, Main Building, 7th floor, Urban Planning and Studies Department.
Fee: AED 500
You can check Dubai 2020 Urban Master plan summary through this link.